Timing is everything




The first thing my organ teacher told me was the importance of timing. As usual, he was spot on.

Week before last, I finished making the replacement piece for the bottom of the music rack. This isn't exacly a high-tech thing. I bought a piece of oak from Home Depot nearly exactly the size and shape I needed.  Cut to length and curved the outside corners, sanded stained and finished. I added a bit of moulding trip I found in the basement - the previous owner of our house did a lot of woodwork and drilled holes for the screws. tadah! 

With 2 working manuals and pedals, and now a music rack at the right position, I have a functional practice organ!   There is a lot of work to do still - I have to finish the stop actions and the pistons, and add the LED strips for the pedal and music lights, install brackets and stuff to permanently mount the power supply and mac mini, and the wiring, in place.   That is all gravy, I can play it now and practice.

Which is amazing timing because scant days after I did this, my church was closed because of the pandemic and I lost access to the real pipe organ I practice on.   Just ... wow. I don't know where that drive came from to begin this project when I did, and push through so hard to reach this stage, but I'm suspecting a guardian angel who is fond of organ music.

Next...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Improving the Manuals

What I have so far

Unit Testing is my friend